Monday, October 26, 2009

Life not always what we expect but time to move on

This weekend was a bit of a disappointment. Not all was bad by any means. I got to spend some real quality time with a very good friend. That was the best part of all. Church was not as expected. I was floored to say the least. As you know I am not able to say much about it, but I will say a few general things. Church is the time when I get to see my brothers and sisters that I do not get to see all the time. I always look forward to it. I know I have only gone to church 3 times, but they really grow on you. I learn alot from it every time. I'm not sure it will always be a learning experience, but for now it is and will probably be for a while. Political play came into action this time which was very discouraging. Its sad to see this happen, but we all know everyone has their own agenda. As for me, I have no intention of ever becoming an officer. What I currently do for the club as well as in the future is give what I can and be the best brother I can.

Although it is done and over with, all that I have control to do is learn and move on. Not every day can be a good one. That's life. Life is not fair, and the quicker everyone learns this the better. This is a lesson I learned at a very young age and always look back to this when things are not going my way. I truly believe the saying "what doesn't kill us, only makes us strong". It couldn't be coined in any better. I am never one to "show" emotion. It doesn't mean I don't feel, but its something I may never get passed. I'm ok with that. I'm comfortable with myself. I like who I am.

Let me give you a little insight on me. No one will ever figure me out. Ever. No one has and no one will. Then again, the only one that may ever is my friend Michael. With an extremely high IQ he is able to read almost anyone. I am one of the most unusual ppl that most have ever met, and not in a bad way. I have a pretty good attitude most of the time. Even when down, I tend to try and stay positive. Occasionally I bitch and moan about shit, but its nothing more than venting. I am loyal to a fault. Basically meaning that will stand by someone even if they are wrong. I am very family oriented. My family means more than I could ever explain in words. Anyone who has been around this will know what I mean. Family is one of the most important things in my life. I am very close to my sister Sandy. I have always claimed me to be Italian. Given my birth I am 1/4 Italian and 1/4 Sicilian. Not everyone understand the difference, but it exists. I was raised mainly by the Italian side of my family (mom's side), by the strong family values, the culture, the food, etc. So as far as I'm concerned I am Italian. Some have argued this with me, but this is not something that I will ever give in about. Its always up for discussion, but it will turn out much the same as religion. Does God exist or not. Its a question that has plagued humanity since it began. Basically, you will never change my mind on the subject. I believe in God and am a God fearing man. I am somewhat a spiritual person, but being that religion is a hot and controversial subject you will rarely if ever find me talking about it. I have my believes and faith, but I will not push this on to others. I am always willing to discuss this topic if asked. I'm pretty much an open book with most anything. I will not bring things up, but am willing to discuss. I am not proud of everything I have done, but it has molded me into the man I am.

Take a deep breath. And another. Enjoy each like it is my last. Live a life that I believe is best for me and my family. It doesn't always mean it is, but it is of my opinion, thoughts and feelings. Time to move on, and look to the week ahead.

1 comment:

  1. Hi you...
    Church is and will continuously be a changing bucket of bolts. As the dynamics of the membership swell or recedes...you will find plenty to cheer about...or loads to avoid...

    Church is...

    As for trying to understand or figure a man out...That's something I try very hard to avoid. I do prefer the man whose persona is honest, sometimes dark, often times as open as his bright smile.

    I prefer a man whose family is his choice of loyalty. I prefer a man whose family is liable to include his brothers...the men who ride with him, men who have cemented their loyalty by "having his back" as the brothers of a military unit have watched and carried the brother next to him in a firefight.

    I could never begin to explain the man you describe, but I know I have one similar. He's the strong silent one who guides me, expects strength from me, and supplies me with all I need in order to pursue the goals of my life.

    You don't need to describe a man to know his values, or his creed.

    Respect, Valor, Honesty, Loyalty, Strength and a good mind...

    ReplyDelete